America’s Favorite Dance Competition is excited to honor and showcase all of your Graduating Seniors from your studio. Don’t miss this opportunity to provide them with a platform and event to celebrate all their incredible dance accomplishments.
ONLY 1 FREE SOLO PER DANCER WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR EACH GRADUATING SENIOR. Be sure to submit their best video performance of the style and genre they do best. This is their time to shine and showcase all the hard work they’ve done over the years at your studio.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
June 5-8, 2020 KAR Virtual – Graduating Senior Solo Competition! “Some have a story…this year All Seniors have made history!” The following KAR levels are open for registration of this event:
- SECONDARY AGE 15-19
- INTERMEDIATE AGE 15-19
- ELITE AGE 15-19
A special tribute and video montage will be created for all participating Graduating Seniors. Exact video details will be provided for you to upload and send us photos of your Graduating Seniors. Look out for a special email that will provide you with additional information and deadlines.
Be sure to register your Graduating Senior for a chance to win a $250 scholarship. This exemplary award is presented to graduating Seniors who have excelled both on and off the stage. To be eligible for this award, a dancer must complete the official application process at https://dancekar.wufoo.com/forms/2020-kar-senior-scholarship-application/ The dancer must also be registered and participate at our Virtual National event. The winner of each scholarship is selected by the KAR Scholarship Committee. DEADLINE to Register is June 1, 2020.
Don’t forget to purchase the LIMITED and Commemorative Graduating Senior T-shirt. For $18 per shirt your Senior will NEVER forget their final dance competition. Adult sizes are available; S/M/L/XL – all shirts must be pre-ordered and pre paid. Please order by clicking the link:
** The EXCLUSIVE Graduating Senior Virtual Solo Competitions will receive Judge’s Scores and Commentary + an EXCITING Live High Point Award Presentation.**
Please log into your STUDIO CENTER for Registration Details and Deadlines. All Registration is First Come, First Served. Space is limited!! Registration is open to ALL interested studios! If you do not have a KAR Studio Account please sign up at https://dancekar.com/create-account. Registration is only open to STUDIOS, we do not accept Independent Registration.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Sign into your STUDIO CENTER
- Once all performances are registered, click on Music Manager & Virtual Competition Video Uploads to upload your video files
Video File Requirements – MP4 file with a maximum file size of 500MB
- A tentative schedule will be sent the Friday prior to the event by 4pm PST
- Deadlines for Video Uploads and ANY performance changes are Tuesday at 7pm PST before the Virtual Event
- A Final Schedule will be emailed to the STUDIO on Wednesday the week of the event by 12 noon PST
TENTATIVE VIRTUAL EVENT SCHEDULE:
- The Digital Program will be available for ALL to download 1 day prior to the start of the Virtual Competition. Please sign up for your digital program at https://dancekar.com/competition/digital-souvenir
- To View the LIVE VIRTUAL COMPETITION – go to https://dancekar.com/virtual-competition-theater
SAMPLE VIRTUAL EVENT SCHEDULE:
- Friday 8am (PST) – Live stream starts
- Saturday 8am (PST) – Live stream continues
- Sunday 8am (PST) – Live stream continues
- Monday 5pm (PST) – Awards streamed live
** Subject to change based upon registration and event location **
POST EVENT DETAILS:
The awards presentations for each virtual event will be available for replay at https://dancekar.com/virtual-competition-theater
- All Virtual Competitions will adhere to the 2020 KAR Rules and Regulations. https://dancekar.com/competition/rules
- Submissions can be recordings from ANY conventions/competitions, KAR or not. You may also use videos from recitals, showcases or any other performances or rehearsals. Recreational and professional settings accepted. Due to the Virtual environment, all Overall Appearance scores will be given an automatic score of 5 to make it fair for all participating studios.
- All performances will be evaluated using the KAR Judging and Scoring criteria. Please review the KAR Rules and Regulations for more details https://dancekar.com/competition/rules
- We are ONLY accepting Solos for the FREE Graduating Senior Virtual Solo Competition
- Only 1 solo per dancer is permitted to register
- This event is limited to the SECONDARY, INTERMEDIATE and ELITE levels only
- This event is limited to the age division of 15-19 only
- Please make sure your performances are family friendly!
JUDGING, SCORING AND AWARDS:
- Each performance will be adjudicated by a professional panel of three predetermined judges.
- General Awards placement will be posted on the results page. This will be a new tab added to our website results page. Only High Point Awards and additional scholarships will be presented during the LIVE awards presentation.
- All registered performances will receive Judges’ commentary and score sheets.
- Overall High Point awards will be presented in the respective Levels and Age Divisions.
We can’t wait to see all of the incredibly talented GRADUATING SENIORS!! Thanks for participating and joining us as we honor the Class of 2020. Their DANCE season was cut short, but their DREAMS are not. For any questions please email us at email@example.com.